Microsoft Azure-hosted cloud transformation strategy
Enterprise Solutions facilitated the successful migration of the business-critical TIMS application and all application data to Azure. In addition, Microsoft Azure Back Up was provisioned to ensure all data is protected and can be successfully restored.
- Moving a bespoke and in house designed and managed software application to the cloud.
- Storage servers coupled with their global presence proved to be costly, lacked scalability and resulted in performance issues.
- Implement a business continuity and disaster recovery strategy.
- To improve user experience which was impacted by poor application performance.
- Successful migration of the business-critical TIMS application and all application data to Azure.
- Began Delmec’s migration to the cloud as part of their cloud transformation journey
- Microsoft Azure Back Up was provisioned to ensure all data is protected and can be successfully restored.
- Enhanced application performance resulted in improved user experience and productivity
Azure-hosted cloud transformation strategy
For more than 30 years, Co. Carlow based Delmec Engineering has been focused on providing innovative solutions and services to the telecommunications industry and specifically to tower infrastructure owners and active network providers.
With global operations in over 40 countries and key centres in Ireland, United Kingdown, Africa, Asia and the Americas; Delmec provide the telecommunications industry with expert structural engineering and support services that facilitate the operation and maintenance of the global telecommunication networks.
Business Critical Legacy Application
The proprietary Telecoms Infrastructure Management System (TIMS), a bespoke and in house designed and managed system is a cloud-based software application that enables Delmec’s bluechip clients to monitor the infrastructure data and documentation, showing capacity, maintenance schedules, contacts, and trouble tickets for tens of thousands of telecommunications masts around the world.
Telecom Infrastructure Management Systems (TIMS) is a critical business application for a data-intensive global organisation, like Delmec Engineering.
The original TIMS infrastructure was hosted offsite and consisted of two physical host servers and a Continuous Data Protection (CDP) storage server for back-ups. Due to the geographic nature of the business coupled with business growth, this proved to be costly, lacked scalability, and resulted in performance issues.
Microsoft Azure-hosted Application
As part of Delmec’s cloud transformation strategy, Enterprise Solutions, a Microsoft Managed Cloud Partner, proposed Microsoft Azure as the platform to host the application.
Enterprise Solutions proposed an offering that complemented our cloud transformation objectives and will provide business benefits to the company into the future.
Other case studies
Gore & Grimes Solicitors
Want more information
Contact our team today
Co-founder and Sales Director
Derek is considered a trusted advisor by his customers, many of whom have been clients for over 25 years. Derek can leverage the experience and expertise gained from hundreds of successful IT deployments throughout Ireland and draw on his strong relationships with the leading IT vendors, established throughout his career.